Nope webcam covers were created by Anil Ram. Ram is a software engineer and privacy advocate who was concerned about the growing threat of webcam hacking. He created Nope webcam covers as a way to help people protect their privacy.
Nope webcam covers were first launched on Kickstarter in 2014. The campaign was a huge success, raising over $95,000 from over 7000 backers. The success of the Kickstarter campaign helped to raise awareness of the threat of webcam hacking and made Nope webcam covers one of the most popular webcam covers on the market.
Nope webcam covers are now available for purchase on the Nope website. They come in a variety of colors and materials, and they are compatible with most laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Here are some of the key milestones in the history of Nope webcam covers:
- 2014: Nope webcam covers are launched on Kickstarter and raise over $95,000 from over 7000 backers.
- 2016: Nope webcam covers are launched on Kickstarter and raise over $88,000 from over 3,700 backers.
- 2017: Nope webcam covers are released to the public and become one of the most popular webcam covers on the market.
- 2018: Nope webcam covers are featured in major publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
- 2019: Nope webcam covers are awarded the "Best Webcam Cover" award by PCMag.
- 2020: Nope webcam covers are released in a variety of new colors and materials.
- 2021: Nope webcam covers are featured in the Netflix documentary "The Great Hack."
- 2023: Nope webcam covers are released in a new version that is even more durable and easier to use.
Nope webcam covers are a great way to protect your privacy and prevent hackers from accessing your webcam. They are small, easy to use, and made of high-quality materials. If you are looking for a way to protect your privacy, then Nope webcam covers are a great option.